Appointment as Chairperson to the Board of the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA)
The Minister for Education invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Council Chairperson, whose skill and experience will complement those of the other nominees from representative bodies.
The ideal Chairperson of the Council will have:
- Experience in chairing Board or equivalent and/or of chairing significant multi-stakeholder decision –making taskforces or groups
- Knowledge/experience of the education sector and appreciation of the strategic and political context in which NCCA operates
- Credibility or the capacity to establish credibility with the education sector in this role
- Proven experience in the review of operational and financial performance and of governance requirements
- Strong influencing skills, the ability to communicate with impact and the ability to convince through personal credibility
- Leadership experience of stakeholder management in a complex, consensus-based decision-making environment
- Capacity to represent and present on behalf of the NCCA in public fora and at public events.
Closing Date: 15:00 on Wednesday, 20th July 2022